192.168.1.254 is the default IP address that is used to log in to the admin dashboard of the router. To log in, you simply enter the IP address in the address field of the browser and use the admin credentials to proceed further.
How to Login to 192.168.1.254?
Before proceeding to log in to your router’s admin panel using the IP address 192.168.1.254, ensure that you have the admin username and password handy. Another thing that you need to verify is that the computer that you are using is connected to the router’s network. In case it is the Netgear router that you are using, use Netgear security keys to connect to its network. Once done, use the steps given ahead to log in:
- Launch a browser.
- Input 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. Avoid making any mistakes while typing the IP address.
- Hit Enter.
- On the login window that appears, input the admin username and password.
- Click Login and you will be logged in to your router.
You can now customize its settings as per your requirements.
Default Login Username and Passwords
The common router brands that use 192.168.1.254 as their default IP address are Linksys, Motorola, Belkin, Alcatel, SparkLAN, Westell, 3Com, Aztech, Thomson, Billion, and many more. The table ahead illustrates the default Usernames and Passwords for some popular router brands:
|Admin or blank
|Admin or password or blank
|Password or admin
|admin or blank
|admin or blank or password
|admin or user
|admin or user
|Admin or password
How to Fix 192.168.1.254/ Login Issues?
In case you are unable to log in to your router’s admin panel using the IP address, you should try the troubleshooting steps that are discussed below:
- First and foremost, check that you are connected to the router’s network. If the WiFi is not getting connected then use an Ethernet cable to connect the router to the computer.
- Be very certain that the IP address 192.168.1.254/ is entered rightly without any typos.
- Check if the IP that you are using is meant for your router. Not all routers use the same address. Some routers use other IP addresses like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.1 etc.
- Use an updated web browser to log in.
- Disable any firewall, antivirus or VPN software before logging in.
- Perform a power cycle by turning off the router as well as the modem. Power them up only after waiting for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Resetting will be the final option left for you in case no other troubleshooting tip worked.
After resetting the router, log in using 192.168.1.254 and execute the setup process from scratch. You will no longer be facing any issues now.