192.168.11.1 – WiFi Router Login IP
192.168.11.1 is a local IP address that is used for managing WiFi routers brought in by various brands. It means this IP address will unlock all the doors to change the home network wireless settings. However, it has been found that some users can’t access the default IP of their routers. On this very page, we’ll try to provide you with a few details related to the IP address in discussion.
Brands Using 192.168.11.1 IP
Starting with the names of the brands making use of the 192.168.11.1 IP address as the default one will be a good idea. Here are the brand names utilizing this IP along with the default password and username.
How to Complete 192.168.11.1 Login?
It is assumed that you are now familiar with the names of the brands using the 192.168.11.1 IP for the home network management. However, you must know that some of the aforementioned brands also support the 192.168.1.254 IP address. Thus, you must check the router’s manual before proceeding further. Taking that into account, let us pen down the steps that you need to follow to log in to your router. We are assuming that your WiFi router and modem are turned on.
- Switch off your modem and let it stay idle for 10 minutes.
- You are also supposed to switch off your WiFi router.
- Meanwhile, arrange a working LAN cable to connect your router and modem.
- You must connect the LAN1 port of the modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Once done, switch on your computer or unlock your mobile phone.
- Connect the chosen device to the WiFi network of your home router.
- You can check out the router’s label for its SSID and network key.
- Now, launch an internet browser of your liking.
- Type the 192.168.11.1 IP and press Enter or the icon on the keyboard (mobile).
- The login portal of the router will show up.
- You are now required to enter the username and password of your router.
- Click or tap Log In.
Note: The options may vary according to the router model you own. For example, in some cases, you will see the OK or Sign In button instead of the Log In button.
Can’t Access 192.168.11.1 IP Address?
There are times when even after putting in all efforts, users are unable to log in to their WiFi routers because of the non-working status of the default IP address. In case you are also unable to access the IP of your router, you must check out the points mentioned below:
- Install the latest version of the web browser you are using. Accessing the Settings menu of the web browser can help you do that.
- Empty the cache from the internet browser. Your web browser will no longer try to load a cached version of the router’s administration page.
- Be very sure that your client device is connected to the router’s WiFi network.
- Check the cable holding the connection between your WiFi router and modem. Replace it immediately with a new one in case of any damage.
- Make sure that you have not entered the IP address into the search box of the browser. This act will only produce ambiguous results.
After taking care of the aforementioned points, you can easily access the IP address of your WiFi router. However, after getting success, you need to be very careful while filling in the admin details of your device. The reason being, they are case-sensitive. Apart from this, avoid entering them into each other’s field.
How to Update Firmware via Router Login IP?
After successfully accessing the 192.168.11.1 IP address and logging in to the router, one can change settings like the admin password, username, SSID, network key, and security standards. In this section, we have jotted down the instructions to update the router’s firmware as doing so will help you protect the home network as well as streamline its performance.:
- After creating successful cable connections, access the router’s IP address.
- Fill in the login details on the login page and sign in to the router.
- After reaching the router’s Home page or Status page, select the Maintenance section.
- Locate the Firmware Update option and click the option that allows you to check the availability of a new firmware version.
- In case new firmware is available, walk through the on-screen prompts and complete the update process.
Note: You are required to show some patience while the router’s firmware update is in progress. Interrupting the process may put you in great trouble and you’ll have to reset the router. Also, the router’s menu options may vary depending on the model you own.